Oreo Cookie Brittle
I made this an hour ago with Triple Double Oreo and we keep sneaking into the kitchen to swipe another piece. This is literally Oreo candy.
In the future I would like to try adding Mint M&M's (Grasshopper candy, I mean come on), Reese's or Candy Cane (Christmas). Good luck, you can tell your dentist it's my fault you have a cavity :)
1 cup white sugar or Splenda*
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
2 cups Oreo cookie crushed into 1/2" size pieces (still use small pieces, too)**
1 teaspoon baking soda
1) Lay out tin foil on cookie sheet (non-stick tin foil worked really well)
2) Mix together sugar, corn syrup and water in pan. Whisk over medium heat until it's 250 to 260 degrees Fahrenheit. If no candy thermometer, use a spoon to let some dribble into mixture. Should "hair off" when falling and look like a spider web. This could take up to 5 minutes, don't get impatient.
3) Stir in half of the crushed Oreo and mix for another 1 to 3 minutes. The mixture should be pretty solid at this point. If it is not, keep cooking, but don't burn as nobody likes burned sugar/cookies.
4) Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Mix that well. Add the remaining Oreo and lightly mix.
5) Spread mixture on tin-foil to desired thickness.
6) Once cooled break apart and hide from significant other if you do not want to share.
*My boyfriend is diabetic, so I generally use Splenda...in this case it's kind of a waste as corn syrup is a carb bomb. If you still want to try to reduce carb, use Splenda
**The picture does not have 1/2" cookies in it. I learned from my mistake. There was one piece with this size and it was better looking and tasting. The thicker cookie really gives the texture some depth.